We’re very fortunate to be supported by an amazing Board of Trustees. These are dedicated and passionate members of the public with relevant experience and skills to help Centred achieve its goals. We put our trust in them to manage and lead all of our activities.
This core team are vital to our continued success as they hold the formal power and responsibility for the whole Centred organisation, including any legal accountability.
Our Trustees perform these roles:
- Develop and uphold the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
- Shape our direction, strategy and planning.
- Plan and maintain the structure and resources needed for our work.
- Set policies and procedures for all our activities, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff.
- Put systems in place for reporting and monitoring.
- Manage risk and responsibility and make sure we follow the guidance of our governing document, external regulators and the law.
- Monitor our financial affairs to make sure they’re conducted and reported properly and accurately.
Despite the vital role our trustees play in the organisation, they don’t receive payment and serve on a voluntary basis. They meet bi-monthly and hold an Annual General Meeting in September following the completion of the annual accounts.
Rev Dr Derek Brown